Need some support with your child but not ready for weekly therapy?
You are in the right place.
After 25+ years working with families I have learned that all children could use some support with finding their calm, focusing, self regulating and academic tasks. However, weekly therapy may not be needed and lets face it, it's just not an option for every family. In this course I share with you the same activities I use as "home play" with my clients. You will have access to a new video each week that clearly shows how to do each activity with your child along with simple points about the areas each activity targets. Parents love the simplicity and accessibility, you don't need any prior movement experience or special training to facilitate these effective, impactful activities in your home.
Developmental Movement is good for all of us. With the lack of movement opportunities for children these days, Healing Movements for Kids can be beneficial for all children, especially those experiencing any of the following:
- Has trouble sitting still
- Messy eater
- Not reading at grade level
- Trouble with fine motor skills
- Symptoms of ADD/HD
- Emotional dysregulation
- Controlling or oppositional behavior
- Difficulties with balance
- Seeking big physical input like bear hugs, may also push or play too rough with other children
- Messy writing, presses too hard or too light on paper
- Did not complete the infant sequence as a baby: (it's ok if you don't remember what your baby did, many babies skip crawling on the belly and on all fours)
- Seeks risky play/ no fear with physical play
- Is timid/ avoids physical play
Receive a new tried and true therapeutic movement game each week.
Simple games that revisit early movement patterns so your child can find ease and joy in their bodies.
What is developmental movement therapy?
Our brains and bodies are wired through early infant movement. That means our early movement is not only preparing us to walk and run but also for every other cognitive and emotional pursuit throughout life. By backtracking and revisiting these movements we reorganize the nervous system so we can feel more calm, confident and coordinated in everything we do. When we use DMT with children they too feel more organized and safe in their bodies for all they do: sports, music lessons, eating, sitting in school, solving problems, making friends, self regulating and focusing on a task. In this course, Healing Movements for Kids, you will receive 40 simple games and activities based in Developmental Movement Therapy dripped weekly to get your kids feeling oh so good in their bodies!